Would I be able to re-join the scheme?
The 1995 Scheme closed to new members with effect from 1 April 2008. However there are some circumstances in which a Former Member who has Preserved Benefits can re-join the 1995 Section.
Please view the flowchart below to check which scheme you would be eligible to join:Joining Flowchart
- You will not be eligible to re-join the 1995 Section if you:
- Were over age 70 on 31 March 2008
- Received a Refund of Contributions from your last period of pensionable employment and these have not been repaid.
- Return after 1 April 2008 and repay a refund
- Left the Scheme on or after 1 April 2008 and transferred your benefits out of the Scheme.
- Are a Special Class Member and over age 65.
Change of Address
You must write to HSC Pension Service if you change your address. This is important because we will need to contact you when your Preserved Benefits become payable.